Monday, March 21, 2016

Turmeric Blueberry Muffins


OMGeeeeee..... is all I have to say about these muffins. Seeing as how I am not a baker at all (clearly this is Gigi typing)  I was very impressed with myself when these came out on my first go round. 

They are incredibly healthy, dense, sweet (although there is no sugar of any kind) and just really the perfect muffin. I found a recipe online but, like always, I did my own thing with it. 

Dry Ingredients: 

1 cup walnuts
1 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp turmeric powder
a pinch of black pepper
a pinch of sea salt

Wet Ingredients:

2/3 cup almond milk
1/3 cup EVOO
3 ripe bananas mashed
3 large eggs

A handful of blueberries

Granola for topping

Preheat oven to 400°F Line a muffin pan with paper liners or grease the pan with oil or butter. 

Add walnuts and rolled oats to a food processor or blender and mix quickly into a coarse flour. Transfer to a large mixing bowl together with the rest of the dry ingredients. Add almond milk, oil, and bananas and mix until smooth, then transfer to the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients. Crack the eggs in a separate bowl and beat for about a minute before adding them as well. 

Use a spatula to carefully fold everything until combined. Divide the batter into the muffin tins, drop a bunch of blueberries on top of each muffin and gently push them down a bit. Sprinkle the granola on top of the muffins. 

Bake for about 18-20 minutes. Best enjoyed still warm from the oven however, still amazing the next day... and the day after that!

To learn more about the health benefits of turmeric... head over to my health coaching website and watch my video... 5 Foods That Fight Chronic Inflammation. 

xoxo,
g



No comments:

Post a Comment